Scientist I - Customer Therapeutics - (Remote)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
We are seeking a Scientist I/II to join our Customer Therapeutics Team. Reporting to the Customer Therapeutic Area (TA) Lead - CMD & GI, this role involves close collaboration with an array of professionals including Scientists, Scientific Liaisons, and our Go-To-Market, Product, Data, and Discovery teams. Responsibilities will span a variety of areas: supporting customer proof of concept case studies through data extraction and analysis on the ASCEND applications, identifying enhancement opportunities for these applications, demonstrating the impact of our technology to our clientele, detecting and addressing data gaps, and aiding in the creation of innovative solutions. This position requires a scientifically rigorous professional with excellent problem-solving skills, technical data analysis skills, and a commitment to continuous improvement in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Your contribution will be pivotal to our mission of utilizing technology to improve therapeutic outcomes.
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada, and the US for this position.
- Apply subject matter expertise on projects within the Immunology and Gastrointestinal (GI) TA, working with scientists across different TAs to ensure the scientific accuracy of data, and ensure timely and impactful deliverables are aligned with customer needs.
- Use SQL and Excel to generate insights from large datasets and identify opportunities to increase data depth, breadth, and accuracy.
- Identify gaps in underlying data and product offerings and provide reports and recommendations to address these, in collaboration with Data and Product teams
- Work with Go-to-Market to understand customer commitments, and to design strategies for demonstrating the capacity of the ASCEND platform.
- Keep up with current biomedical research to guide technology development, and ensure the platform is up to date with current trends within that therapeutic area, including performing therapeutic health assessments
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or other relevant fields, with expertise in the domain of Gastrointestinal (GI) research and Immunology is a must. Candidates will be considered for either Scientist I or Scientist II based on experience and qualifications.
- Experience using SQL, Python and/or R to access, extract, and assess data from large datasets -Ability to solve open-ended tasks and develop data-driven solutions to novel problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work across different teams and be an effective team member.
- Proficiency in articulating scientific insights clearly and effectively to both specialized experts and non-specialized stakeholders within and outside the organization.
- Capability to pivot and act on process improvements when required.
- High level of organization, time management, project management, and attention to detail
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci's mission is to exponentially increase the speed and quality of life-saving research and development. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by Generation Investment Management, TCV, Inovia, F-Prime, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.